Many people mistakenly think that only kids and teenagers, or those with a leaning towards the glamorous seek out orthodontic treatment. However, the truth is that age is not a consideration when determining who needs orthodontic treatment. Having a good bite, and feeling confident when you smile is not relevant only during childhood and teenage years, but even as you age.
Besides, orthodontists do not only treat those issues that are mild, cosmetic and causing no physical problems. Some of the cases of bite and teeth realignment that orthodontists treat are severe and complex and affect the patient’s health. Such cases may cause pain in the head, neck and jaw and make eating certain foods difficult.
So, how do you know if you need to see an orthodontist? Book an appointment with an orthodontist if you have the following factors:
• If you are unhappy with how your smile looks, talking to an orthodontist may help. What you think when you smile matters because it is tied to your confidence. If you feel your confidence draining each time you smile, an orthodontist may be able to change it.
• If when you talk, bite or chew, you experience some difficulties, you should see an orthodontist.
• If your teeth are blocked-out, crowded or misplaced or if they are protruding.
• If your teeth meet abnormally, do not meet at all or if you clench or grind your teeth often.
• If your jaws protrude or shift, produce a sound, or are recessed.
• You are not able to keep your lips shut comfortably.
• If you notice that your face has an imbalance or lacks symmetry.
Once you receive proper orthodontic treatment, you will begin to reap the benefits of having the right alignment and bite. Biting, chewing and talking will become more comfortable, while your confident smile will boost your esteem and point to a better quality of life. Our orthodontist will have ample options to choose from in prescribing treatment for you.
If you are looking for a Panama City orthodontist, visit us at Dr. Scott Runnels Orthodontics for the best care for your teeth. Our team is ready to help you answer any questions you may have about our treatments. You can also contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.