Invisalign® treatment has revolutionized the world of orthodontics. Today, patients have a more discreet option besides metal brackets. As such, those who would never use braces are now trying Invisalign® braces.
Who Can Get Invisalign Braces
Can anyone use Invisalign braces? Sadly, most people don’t think they’re good candidates for this treatment. If you’re one of them, here are a few things you should know about this alternative.
What Is Invisalign® Treatment?
Invisalign® is a set of hard plastic aligners that are usually custom made or fitted for your mouth. Although they align your teeth to a proper position, they must be checked and replaced every so often. Most people prefer Invisalign® treatment because they’re virtually invisible.
• Comfort: Because there are no brackets or wires, patients don’t have to worry about experiencing painful cuts or nicks. The aligners resemble a mouth guard with no sharp edges.
• Attractive: Since they are clear, Invisalign® aligners are more attractive to the eye, and most people won’t notice them. As such, you can smile freely.
• Convenience: Aligners have become popular for straightening the teeth. That means you don’t have to necessarily rely on metal braces. And since they’re readily available, they’re very convenient.
• Removable: Unlike other braces, these aligners can be removed for brushing your teeth, flossing, and eating. This allows you to eat various foods and practice good oral hygiene. This helps reduce the risk of developing decay and gum disease.
• Minimal maintenance: These aligners need minimal maintenance. Even if they become discolored, you can freshen them using certain simple cleaning methods that our educated staff can tell you about.
Previously, this treatment was only meant for minor cases. When it came to shifting teeth, it was not a suitable alternative to metal braces. Now, the treatment is more advanced and can manage severe problems. For instance, it is more effective at widening your arch or preventing an overbite than metal braces.
Requires Patient Commitment
Clear aligners require more patient commitment than other braces. If you’re not committed to putting on the aligners for the prescribed duration, you may not get the desired results. Since Invisalign® braces can be removed, uncommitted patients can go for days without wearing them, although this will negatively affect the treatment. This is different from metal braces where you have to clean them regularly in their fixed positions.
Most dental insurance plans cover Invisalign® treatment. However, there are several rules and conditions that apply when choosing this treatment. Therefore, before making assumptions, check with our orthodontist and your insurance provider.
Ready to try Invisalign® aligners? Visit the orthodontic office of Dr. M. Scott Runnels in either Destin or Inlet Beach, FL for more information. We also serve residents in Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Freeport, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Panama City Beach, and Panama City. Contact us today to book an appointment!