Invisalign® is a treatment for orthodontic issues that is an alternative to traditional braces. Many adults as well as teenagers need braces to have good dental health and a beautiful smile. However, the idea of getting metal braces stops them from taking the important step to a healthier and more attractive smile. Invisible braces solve that problem. Invisalign® uses clear plastic aligners to move your teeth gradually to the correct position. There are several things to consider about this treatment before deciding that it is right for you.
1. As was already said, Invisalign® aligners are almost invisible. People who interact with the public for their work and teenagers who want to avoid two years of a mouth full of metal can get the orthodontic help they need without the embarrassing appearance. They may not be suitable for all orthodontic issues, but you can learn if they are suitable for you when you have a consultation with our specialist.
2. There are no food restrictions with Invisalign®. This is because you can remove the aligners when you eat and brush your teeth. You can bite and chew your favorite foods, brush your teeth and put back in the aligners.
3. Since you need to wear the aligners only for about 22 hours each day, you can take them out if you want to attend a special event and not be bothered with them when you eat.
4. The aligners for teenagers contain unique features to ensure they are worn the required amount of time. There are compliance indicators that fade from blue to clear that will help our orthodontist determine the amount of time your teenager has worn the aligner.
5. Our specialist will create a customized program and make the proper number of aligners to push your teeth gradually into the correct position. You may change aligners every two weeks. With Invisalign®, the number of visits to our office will be fewer than for those who have traditional metal or ceramic braces.
If you are avoiding braces because you cannot face years of a mouth full of metal or ceramic and wires, Invisalign® may be the solution to your problems. The specially-prepared, medical-grade plastic is very comfortable. You can get the fantastic smile and healthy teeth and jaw that you have always wanted without the hassle of wearing braces.
At Runnels Orthodontics in Panama City Beach and Destin, we serve clients in Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Freeport, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Panama City Beach and Panama City. Contact us today to schedule a consultation for Invisalign®!